Jan 18, 2010
General and vision:
- Lotus knows why.
- Lotus knows how.
- This year the special guest is Captain Kirk William Shatner directly form Enterprise!
- GM, RIM, Continental, Panasonic and Zurich are the customers presented this year by Lotus.
- You knew the importance of delivering on promises.
- 18378 new customers after Domino 8 was been released.
- Positive disruption: capabilities for free Symphony.
- Collaboration agenda is a new offering who puts together different Lotus products and is designed with industry specific teams who helps company to design his own specific solution: lower the cost of collaboration and improve people collaboration.
- File Navigator by Rene Winkelmeyer is the best open source Notes application.
- LotusLive with 18M users, now is offered for 4 USD per user per month.
- IBM Project Vulcan is a sneak peak into the evolution of collaboration.
- Now in xPages applications is possible to use Quickr component.
- IBM Multimedia Library for Lotus Notes: the fastest, most affordable way to learn Lotus Notes, Sametime and Quickr!
- Quickr and Alfresco are now integrated.
- Announced Lotus Notes Traveler for Android
- Lotus Notes Traveler Companion is an iPhone plugin who can provide to access encrypted email on the iPhone (using Notes ID security!)
- xPages now runs in the Notes client: develop once, run everywhere!
- LotusLive labs is a set of services availables in lotuslive.com. Some examples: slide library, event maps, collaborative recorded meetings and composer.
Specific on Project Vulcan:
- Project Vulcan embraces the one programming model: public REST APIs, Widget and Mashups, xPages for Notes, HTML5 for richer user experiences.
- Project Vulcan: continuity, convergence, innovation, new opportunities
- Project Vulcan and the competition? IBM says it is not an answer to Google Wave.
- Project Vulcan is based on Notes Client and in the browser you have the same experience.
- Project Vulcan can be accessed through Blackberry or iPhone.
- Project Vulcan as the brand new Notes 9 is my guess.
- Project Vulcan will be shipped in 2011.
Lotusphere Day 1 - JMP106 - “Kum Bah Yah” Meets “Let's Kick Butt”: The Integration of IBM Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino with Microsoft Office, .NET, and IBM Lotus Symphony
Welcome to 2010, where Lotus Notes and Domino are just part of your corporate toolset. This session will introduce you to integration of Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5 with Microsoft Office, .NET technologies, OpenOffice.org, & Lotus Symphony. We'll start with the basics and build up to mail merge, exporting to a spreadsheet, charting, presentations, and integration on the Web. Advanced topics such as Visual Studio Tools for Office, advanced development with C#, and integration with Lotus Domino Web Services are included. Integration with Xpages, Google Docs, Sharepoint, ODF, OOXML, and Windows Explorer will highlight the options available. Every sample is new or updated, so even past attendees will get something from this session.***
John Head e Alex Kassabov hanno mostrato in un talk di sicuro effetto scenico riguardante l'evoluzione del mondo dell'integrazione tra Lotus Notes e i principali productivity tool come Miicrosoft Office e Lotus Symphony, in entrambe le direzioni.
Le novità sono molteplici: innanzitutto l'annuncio dell'implementazione della classe SymphonyApplication, che sgrava lo sviluppatore dall'utilizzo delle classi UNO per l'integrazione con OpenOffice, sia numerosi esempi veramente utili per creare spreadsheet, documenti e presentazioni a partire da documenti notes con un semplice click.
Le slide sono disponibili sul sito di John Head
Most companies today know that the easiest way to integrate with other entities (both internally and externally) is to provide their solution as a Service that can be called from any system regardless of the operating system or software. Web Service providers and consumers provide this much needed resource. This jumpstart will provide developers with an solid foundation in XML (the language of web services) as well as proven techniques for implementing Web Service providers and consumers in Lotus Notes and Domino 6,7,8 and 8.5. You'll will be provided with resources and examples of Web Service consumers and providers in both LotusScript and Java. You'll see how to integrate Web Services with Lotus Domino form designs and XPages.***t
Ottimo talk di Paul Calhoun su WebService.
Retrospettiva su provider e consumer, nulla che già non si sappia, ma la chicca è che ha promesso di rendere disponibile per il download un db che offre tra le altre cose (utility per la gestione XML, agenti ecc.) un xslt che permette, attraverso il transformer di DXL, di convertire form Notes in XPages. Ancora in stato semi-embrionale (per esempio, non gestisce correttamente combobox e radiobutton), ma di sicuro effetto ed utilità
Tra le altre cose, tips&tricks, esempi di testing provider in Eclipse Galileo e integrazione tra Xpages e Webservice.
- After “Emergence” in 2008 and “Resonance” in 2009, this year the Lotusphere theme is “Lotus knows”.
- My daily agenda: BOOT103 (great job Franziska), SHOW105, BOOT104, JMP102 and Welcome Reception.
- DAOS and SAN? Again, be sure transaction logging is on a separate and dedicated LUN.
- Set all compressions "on" using console: load compact mail -ZU -n -v -C
- Deny access list and HTTP? Be careful you have to set “Enforce server access settings” in server documents, ports, Internet ports otherwise HTTP do not follow the configuration.
- In NAB “Actions-> Set Secure Internet Password” allow you to encrypt the HTTP password in secure way. Note, I mean a “secure”, not a “more secure” cause the standard HTTP password mechanism use @Password to encrypt so (eg) same password are show with the same encryption. Mandatory!
- In the configuration setting, set “Enforce Internet/Password Lockout” to prevent a brute force attack over HTTP. You can also use policy to specify a per-person criteria.
Shared Login do not require software installation on the clients (and
it's much better than previous OS login) and you can use policy to set
- Sametime 8.5 will be released in two flavors: Sametime 8.5 Community Services for chats and awareness (Domino based) and Sametime 8.5 Meeting Services (Websphere based) for meeting and video conferencing.
- Wes Morgan rules on Sametime 97/3 utilization: 97% of the users will be logged into chat, 3% parteciping in meetings.
- Still cold. :-(
- A nice match against Andrea playing tennis with Wii.
Jan 17, 2010
- Luckily the temperature is higher than the last two freezing years (around 20°C during the day).
- I have had great times with Andrea e Daniele relaxing and eating shrimp and crab in front of the ocean in Cocoa Beach.
- The pocket agenda is changed, now we have a tabular folder instead the traditional pocket book.
- The backpack is almost the same of last year.